• A narcissist may leave his wife if he finds someone else who can better feed his ego.
This is a common occurrence with narcissists as they crave attention and admiration. If the wife isn’t providing what they need, it’s likely that the narcissist will seek out another source of validation.
• If the wife is no longer serving a purpose for the narcissist, he may discard her and move on to another source of admiration.
Narcissists view people as objects rather than individuals with feelings. Once their current partner has served their purpose or fails to meet their expectations, they have no qualms about moving on to greener pastures.
• Narcissists often lack empathy and emotional attachment, making it easier for them to walk away from relationships without remorse or guilt.
It’s not that they don’t care about others’ emotions; it’s just that they are incapable of feeling true empathy due to their inflated sense of self-importance.
• However, some narcissists may stay with their wives as long as they are getting what they want out of the relationship.
If everything is going according to plan in a relationship (i.e., constant praise and adoration), then there’s no reason for a narcissist to end things. Why fix something that ain’t broke?
• It’s important to note that every individual is unique and there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to how a narcissist will behave in any given situation.
While these bullet points provide general insight into how most narcs operate, everyone has different experiences based on factors such as upbringing, environment, etc.
• Narcissists may leave their wives if they feel that the relationship is no longer serving their needs or providing them with enough attention and admiration.
Attention-seeking behavior fuels many aspects of living life like you’re starring in your own movie – including romantic relationships! When those needs aren’t met anymore… well…
• A narcissist’s decision to leave his wife can be sudden and unexpected, as he may not have any empathy for her feelings or consider how it will affect her.
Narcissists tend to act impulsively without thinking about the consequences of their actions. They’re too busy being fabulous!
• If a narcissist feels threatened by his wife’s success or independence, he may choose to leave her in order to maintain control over the situation.
Many narcs require total control over every aspect of their lives – including their partner’s accomplishments. It doesn’t matter if you won an Olympic gold medal; they’ll always find something else that needs improvement.
• In some cases, a narcissist may stay with his wife but engage in extramarital affairs or emotional infidelity as a way of feeding his ego and maintaining power over others.
It goes back to needing attention from multiple sources! While cheating is never okay, it makes sense why someone who thrives on admiration would seek it out elsewhere.
• Ultimately, whether or not a narcissist leaves his wife depends on factors such as the individual’s personality traits, values, priorities, and current circumstances.
Just like anyone else making decisions about relationships (hopefully minus all the gaslighting), there are many variables at play when deciding what course of action is best for them.
P.S. You should check out these leaving narcissist books at Amazon. (affiliate link)